Absentee Terms and Conditions
1. All items are sold as is, where is, with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Your bidding will signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire, or that you have chosen not to examine them. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. Our goal is to provide prospective bidders with accurate and detailed information. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items in which they have an interest. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you not bid on the item in question. We do not give refunds. All sales are final. No statement written or oral made by the auctioneer shall be deemed a warranty or assumption of iability by Lewis Auctions or by any seller represented by Lewis Auctions.
2. If a lot is offered with a reserve price, the reserve price is printed following the description and bidding will begin at that price. Otherwise bidding will begin at a price appropriate in auctioneer’s discretion. The auctioneer always reserves the right to withdraw a lot for any reason he deems appropriate. On lots with a printed reserve, bidding will begin at the reserve price.
3. Once we declare that an item is sold, we cannot reopen the bidding. It is the bidder’s responsibility to get our attention prior to our saying “sold”. We reserve the right to reject any bids deemed inappropriate or to withdraw any item(s) for lack of appropriate bids. If an item is withdrawn from the auction it will be offered again only at the auctioneer’s discretion.
4. Payment must be made by cash, approved check, wire transfers, or Credit Card (MasterCard and Visa are preferred). We reserve the right to require bank checks for large purchases. Buyers not known to us who wish to write a check must provide a current letter of credit from their bank guaranteeing funds. Credit arrangements must be made 48 hours in advance of auction so statements can be verified. We reserve the right to not issue a buyer’s number or to withhold merchandise if appropriate credit has not been established. We require wire transfers, bank checks or credit cards for international buyers.
5. Payment for all purchases is expected at time of purchase. Payment for successful absentee bids are required to have credit card on file (via Absentee Bid Request). Successful absentee bidder’s credit card will be charged within 5 hours of close of auction. Your signature on the Absentee Bid Request form constitutes permission to charge successful bids. All Absentee Bids must be received by Noon (EST) the day prior to the auction. Lewis Auctions shall have the right to withdraw any item at any time for any reason and to default any sale in the event of an error or dispute.
6. In the case of identical absentee bids, the bid received first will prevail. We make every effort to honor all absentee bids, but we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of failure to execute absentee bids.
7. We make every effort to honor all absentee bids, but we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of.
8. failure to execute absentee bids. Bidding on an item indicates your understanding and acceptance of these Terms of Sale. If a purchaser breaches any of these Terms of Sale, including the obligation to pay for purchased items, Lewis Auctions may seek all remedies under the law including canceling the sale and re-offering the property without reserve.
9. Purchaser agrees that packing and shipping is done at the purchaser’s risk and that the purchaser will pay in advance all packing expenses, materials, carrier fees and insurance charges. At our discretion, items will either be packed by a packaging store or Lewis Auctions. Please allow two weeks for shipping after payment is received. Shipment of large items is the responsibility of the purchaser. We are happy to provide names of carriers and shippers. Lewis Auctions will have no liability for any loss or damage to shipped items.
10. All purchases are subject to sales tax where auction is held. Resale tax numbers from other states are accepted. International buyers are responsible for tariff s, taxes, or assessments of shipped items to the buyer’s country. Please fax you resale tax number documentation to us today. You are responsible for tax, if it is not on file with us prior to auction.
11. A buyer’s premium may be charged for each auction. When a buyers premium is charged, there is typically a 3% discount for cash or approved check. See terms and conditions for that specific auction you are submitting a bid for.
12. Purchased items not picked up from our auction facility within ten business days of the auction will be assessed a storage fee of $10.00 per day, per item. You authorize us to resell on your behalf any item not picked up within sixty calendar days. The costs of storage, plus any other costs directly related to the item, and an auctioneer’s commission of 20%, will be subtracted from the proceeds unless other arrangements have been made with Lewis Auctions. The minimum charge will be $50. The net proceeds will be mailed to your address as stated herein in full and final settlement of our obligations to you.